BANGSAMORO HALAL DISH
with Maria Fhebie Ortil
Salaam we are now at Volume 2, Number 35 of Philippine Muslim Today. In this issue our Bangsamoro Halal Cuisine tackles a new recipe which is the Shrimp Boil.
Easy shrimp boil with Old Bay, Cajun seasoning and butter.
This shrimp boil recipe is the best with shrimp, baby potatoes, corn and smoked chicken sausage. So delicious!
To cook the Shrimp Boil one must prepare the following ingredients, prepare also the Cajun Butter; and likewise follow the easy instructions.
1) Water, for boiling
2) 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
3) 8 oz. (226 g) baby potatoes, cut into halves
4) 2 ears corn on the cob, cut into 2-inch pieces
5) 12 oz. (340 g) smoked sausage, cut into pieces (Hillshire Smoke Sausage Rope)
6) 1 lb. (0.4 kg) shrimp, shelled, deveined, tail-in
7) 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing
8) CAJUN BUTTER
9) 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
10) 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (McCormick)
- Fill a tall stockpot halfway with water. On high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the Old Bay Seasoning, follow by baby potatoes and corn. Cover the pot and boil for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes become tender.
- In the meantime, make the Cajun Butter by combining the melted butter with Cajun seasoning together.
- Stir to mix well and set aside.
- Add the smoked sausage and shrimp, boil for 1 minute, or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove the pot from heat and drain all the ingredients using a colander.
- You may need to do it in two batches if your colander is not big enough.
- Heat up a skillet on high heat. Add the Cajun Butter and all the shrimp boil ingredients together.
- Stir to combine well. Transfer the shrimp boil to a sheet pan or serving platter, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. MFO