BANGSAMORO HALAL DISH
with Maria Fhebie Ortil
Our Philippine Muslim Today (PMT-19) with the support of our benefactors and you our readers as well, who don’t get tired of reading our Online Newspaper and now we have a hard copy too.
Hence for the PMT-19, Bangsamoro Halal Cuisine Vol. 2, No. 19 Digital Online Edition, October 22-28, 2021
((Rabi Al-Awwal 16-22, 1443), I would like to introduce to you another Halal Recipe which is the Baked
Baked Cornish Hen is cooked in oven with marinade of garlic, honey and spices. It’s a type of small chicken, produced from a cross between the Cornish and White Plymouth Rock chicken breeds.
1 cornish hen
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil or unsalted butter
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon sambal oelek
1 teaspoon salt
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse and pat dry the cornish hen with paper towels. Make sure the cavity is dry. Add the garlic inside the cavity.
- Close the cavity by using 3 toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil (butter), honey, sambal oelek and salt together.
- Stir to mix well. Brush the mixture on the skin evenly.
- Place it on a roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the skin becomes crispy and nicely browned.
- You may cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- Turn the hen over and bake the other side for another 30 minutes.
- You may brush the juice seeping out on the skin.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lemon wedges.