Ali G. Macabalang
Through this column, I convey my personal and family’s sincere greetings and best wishes to all the patrons and readers of the Philippine Muslim Today as we bade goodbye to 2020 and welcome 2021.
I fervently pray and wish that
- I will be able to fast in the upcoming return of Ramadan Kareem and observe all obligations prescribed in Islam during the blessed month and beyond;
- My children will follow suit in living up to the ideals of Islam and will not die outside true Islamic faith;
- In my decades of media practice, people I might have offended in my acts and words will forgive me truly;
- I will be able to see the Duterte administration having delivered substantially in its commitment to correct “historical injustices” among the Bangsamoro, particularly the Muslim Filipinos;
- The bureaucracy of the infant Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) will be able to prove true its byword for “moral governance” and make the difference in the age-old dream for meaningful peace, equitable development and inclusive justice in Mindanao;
- Current public officials I admire for their personal and career traits in serving the people will have long life to fulfill unselfish missions for the poor and underprivileged sectors of our society;
- There will be no more Jonel Nuezca in the ranks and file of the Philippine National Police;
- Appointing authorities will translate their vows for ideal recruitment processes into action by putting the right people to the right positions for their institutions to deliver efficacious goods and services to the public; and
- I will be able to realize other visions and missions I have for the ummah.